Film & TV News
Amazing writing competition open to young people age 16-21
Can you come up with an idea for a short drama? Let us know and you could win up to £500 for your school and see your idea made into a film!
This summer, you could be working with our award-winning screenwriter, John Hickman, alongside a team of young screenwriters, developing your idea from a simple concept to a fully fledged screenplay.
ACT 2 CAM will then shoot your film and premiere it in a commercial cinema, before releasing it onto DVD or BluRay.
Simply read the rules below and send your ideas to email@example.com
You write it; we film it!
Rules of the Competition
- ACT 2 CAM is accepting pitches for 3 minute films, which will be performed by a cast of actors age 11-16
- Applicants must be aged 16-21 at the time of entry.
- The winner will be invited to develop their pitch into a screenplay at our Newcastle Writers Course, 8th-14th August. They will also win £300 for their school
- Two runners up will £100 each for their school.
- You can pitch as many ideas as you like. Each entry must be emailed separately, given its own title in the email heading
- You should aim your idea to produce a film that would have a running time of about 3 minutes. The film may be set in any place and any time and in any genre. You should include a plot synopsis
- It must be suitable to a young cast and audience (age 11-16)
- The entries should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6pm on June 30th, 2015. This competition is free to enter.
- Each email must include a contact email address and telephone number, the name of your school/college and the contact name of the competition organiser at your school.
- The winner and runners up shall be selected by our judging panel writers, led by our screenwriter John Hickman. Results will be publicised on this webpage by 10th July 2015.
- We will inform the winner and runners up within 3 days. If we are unable to contact the winners after 3 days, the judging panel will select new winners.